Deus Ex – Human Revolution: How to Make Money
In Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, there are several ways to make a good deal of money. Obviously picking up items and selling them at a vendor is one way, but there are other things you may not know that will help you maximize your money on the way.
Here are some tips to help you make as much money as possible.
- Hacking – You can make some nice money through the hacking skill. You not only get money from datastores in the process of hacking, but there are quite a few safes scattered throughout the game that are filled with credits, ammo, weapons, etc. Check out my Deus Ex: Human Revolution hacking guide for more help.
- Weapons – The bigger the weapon, the more it sells for. Shotguns sell for 750 credits, and if you can find a rocket launcher it will sell for 2000 credits. Drop smaller weapons and ammo that don’t sell as well if it will help you fit a larger weapon that’s worth more credits.
- Inventory – The larger your inventory is, the more weapons and ammo you can carry back to sell from missions. Consider upgrading your Carrying Capacity in the Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis group to get slots of 2 by 7 for each upgrade, with a max inventory size of 14 by 7.
- Takedowns – A lot of guards and other “bad guys” in missions carry credits, so knock out everyone you can to get as many credits as possible.
- Search – Look everywhere, especially in missions. Credit chips are hidden in random places, so make sure to comb areas to find everything that’s hidden from plain sight. Under boxes and crates, you never know where credit chips will be hiding.
A couple extra tips for making money:
Don’t forget that items dropped on the ground will stay there indefinitely, so you can drop items if you are out of room and come back for them later (assuming it’s an area you can reach again from a city hub).
Avoid picking up multiple weapons of the same kind in a city hub since it will discard the weapon for good and only give you the ammo from it. Obviously if your’e on a mission to an area that you won’t be able to get back to from the city, then go ahead and pick it up and get your extra ammo, but otherwise leave it and try to come back for it later.