In Saints Row: The Third (aka Saints Row 3) for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, Mayhem missions can be pretty tough at first. There are some tricks to these mass destruction mission however, so here we go.
1) Grenades are your friend, and they’re unlimited. Your gun does very little damage, so chuck those grenades like you’re chucking tomatoes at a guy in the stocks.
2) Build up that combo meter, because that’s what gets you points. Building the combo meter means destroying things in rapid succession, so try to destroy as much as you can as quickly as possible to keep it going.
3) You’re not limited to where you start the mission. Look around the area for a place with more stuff to blow up, crowded intersections, etc. A spot that has good cover is helpful too.
4) Look for rival gang members. The more people you have chasing after you, the better, and rival gangs can be an unlimited supply of vehicles to explode.
5) Grenade those helicopters. It doesn’t sound easy, but they blow sky high with a single grenade in the right spot, if you can get them to come down within throwing range.