Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Unlock Madhouse Mode
In Resident Evil 7: Biohazard for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One, the hardest difficulty you can play in the game is called Madhouse Mode.
Madhouse Mode is similar to “extreme” difficulties in other games, like Survival Mode in Fallout 4. Enemies don’t just hit harder, there are other modifications that make the game much more brutal overall.
Here is a rundown of what Madhouse Mode has in store for you, if you’re brave enough to try it:
- Health: No health regeneration
- Enemies: Enemies and Stalkers appear more frequently, and in different locations
- Saving: You must save manually using Cassette Tapes which are new in the Madhouse Difficulty, auto-saves only at major checkpoints
- Items: Many of the items from the Easy and Normal difficulties have been removed entirely, and some new items are available (see above)
- Coins: There are more Antique Coins (33 total) and more locked item bird cages
Unlocking Madhouse Mode just requires you to beat the game at least once on any difficulty.
Beating Madhouse Mode (good luck!) unlocks everyone’s favorite… Infinite Ammo mode!