Plague Inc: How to Beat Virus on Brutal
In Plague Inc. for the Android & iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.), Virus on Brutal isn’t nearly as difficult as Virus initially was the first time you played it.
I have listed my gene setup below. I have all genes unlocked, which just requires winning 25 games. You don’t need to unlock all of the genes to win this one, but a couple that I typically use are unlocked near the end.
DNA Gene – Metabolic Jump (Bonus DNA on red bio-hazard bubbles)
Travel Gene – Native Biome (Bonus infectivity in starting country, if you don’t have this one use Teracyte instead)
Evolution Gene – Sympto-Stasis (Symptoms don’t increase in cost)
Mutation Gene – Genetic Mimic (Slows down cure research)
Environment Gene – Extremophile (Minor bonus to all environments, if you don’t have this use any other you have unlocked)
The basic strategy here is extremely fast infection, and getting a lot of points with Metabolic Jump when your Virus spreads to other countries.
With Sympto-Stasis, your symptoms are extremely cheap, allowing you to buy a lot of symptoms at a fast rate.
- Start in China
- Symptoms: Rash, Sweating, Skin Lesions, Coughing, Sneezing, devolve any lethal symptoms mutated
- Transmissions: Air 1, Water 1
- Abilities: Drug Resistance 1
- Transmissions: Air 2, Water 2, Extreme Bioaerosol
- Symptoms: Load up on every infectious symptom possible that has no lethality, devolve any lethal symptoms mutated
- Abilities: Cold 1, Heat 1
- Your Virus should be spreading wildly, the world will be alarmed when China has around 600 million infected with all of the symptoms you have
- Transmissions: Bird 1 and 2, Livestock 1 and 2, Blood 1 and 2
- Symptoms: Start adding minor lethal symptoms to gain access to deadly symptoms, like Paralysis, Coma, Immune Suppression, etc.
- Abilities: Genetic Hardening 1 and 2
- Most countries will be infected, around 4 billion of the population, and you’re gaining DNA points faster than you can spend them
- Transmissions: Load up, you should have a lot of extra points
- Symptoms: Keep loading up on minor lethal symptoms
- Abilities: Viral Instabilities if you want your symptoms to go crazy, it’s not really necessary though
- All countries infected, around 5 to 6 billion of the population, time to unleash hell!
- Symptoms: Total Organ Failure, Necrosis, Hemorrhagic Shock, Internal Hemorrhaging
- Transmissions: You should be about full by now, not really necessary
- Abilities: Genetic Reshuffles if the cure gets too high, but it shouldn’t really
- Everyone is infected, the world is quickly plummeting into chaos!
- Symptoms: Throw every lethal symptom at them that you can afford
- Congrats, you win!
Leave me comments with your scores. Here was mine on my first run with this build.