In Plague Inc. for the Android & iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.), Bacteria is one of the easier plagues to beat on Brutal.
Here was my gene modifier setup. I have all genes unlocked, which just requires winning 25 games. You don’t necessarily need to have all of them unlocked, but some of the genes I used aren’t unlocked until the end.
DNA Gene – Metabolic Jump (Bonus DNA on red bubbles)
Travel Gene – Native Biome (Bonus infectivity in starting country, if you don’t have this one use Teracyte instead)
Evolution Gene – Sympto-Stasis (Symptoms don’t increase in cost)
Mutation Gene – Genetic Mimic (Slows down cure research)
Environment Gene – Extremophile (Minor bonus to all environments, if you don’t have this use any other you have unlocked)
The basic strategy here is extremely fast infection, and tons of points coming in via Metabolic Jump, which allows you to pummel the population before they even get close to a cure. With Sympto-Stasis, your symptoms are super cheap, allowing you to pile them up quickly.
- Start in China
- Transmissions: Air 1, Water 1
- Symptoms: Rash, Sweating, Skin Lesions, Coughing, Sneezing, devolve any lethal symptoms mutated
- Abilities: Bacterial Resilience 1
- Transmissions: Air 2, Water 2, Extreme Bioaerosol
- Symptoms: Load up on every infectious symptom possible that has no lethality, devolve any lethal symptoms mutated
- Abilities: Bacterial Resilience 2 and 3, Drug Resistance 1
- Since you’re spreading like crazy, the world will be alarmed when China has around 600 million infected
- Transmissions: Bird 1 and 2, Livestock 1 and 2, Blood 1 and 2
- Symptoms: Start adding minor lethal symptoms to gain access to deadly symptoms, like Paralysis, Coma, Immune Suppression, etc.
- Abilities: Drug Resistance 2, Genetic Hardening 1 and 2
- Most countries will be infected, around 4 billion of the population, and you’re gaining DNA points faster than you can spend them
- Transmissions: Load up, you should have a ton of points
- Symptoms: Keep loading up on minor lethal symptoms
- Abilities: Cold 1 and Heat 1 if you have extra points, Genetic Reshuffles if the cure starts to get out of hand
- All countries infected, around 5 to 6 billion of the population, time to unleash hell!
- Symptoms: Total Organ Failure, Necrosis, Hemorrhagic Shock, Internal Hemorrhaging
- Transmissions: You should be about full by now, not really necessary
- Abilities: Genetic Reshuffles if the cure gets too high, but it shouldn’t really
- Everyone is infected, everyone is dying quickly
- Symptoms: Throw whatever lethal symptoms at them that you can, I had enough points to have every symptom on the board
- Congrats, you win!
Leave me comments with your scores. Here was mine on my first run with this build.