I am addicted to Bejeweled Blitz. Getting a high score above all of my friends on Facebook makes my day. Lately I have been consistently able to score in the 100,000’s. Let’s take a look at some of the tips that can be used to achieve a higher scor e.
- Use a fast computer - If your game runs slow, you will pay for it. The clock keeps ticking no matter what, but the movements in the game can be slowed down by a slow computer. Shut down all other applications to free memory for best performance.
- Start by looking to line up 4 or 5 in a row – When the game starts, it usually sets you up so that you can line up 4 or 5 in a row so that you can make a Power Gem (4 in a row) or Hypercube (5 in a row). Get as many of these as you can.
- Save your Hypercubes and Power Gems - I like to get a few Hypercubes and Power Gems on the screen first before I use them. This will create more Multipliers. Multipliers are what really increases your score the most.
- Work quickly – You get a bonus for working faster. I usually take my time in the first 30 seconds because I want to make sure to earn multipliers. Then once I’ve had a 4X or 5X multiplier, I speed it up for a fast finish.
- Work from the bottom – If you have the ability, try to work with the gems at the bottom of the screen. This will create the likelihood that other matches will hit as they fall in other places higher on the board.
- Pause trick – If you want to take the time to learn where all the gems are while the game is paused, you can do this trick. Quickly grab a screenshot of the game. PC users can press the Print Screen button then quickly press Menu to pause the game. Then open up MSPAINT and paste the image there. You can take all the time you need to study the gems, then resume the game whenever you want.