Diablo 3: Fix Stuck Installer
A lot of people are having issues when trying to install Diablo 3 for the PC, saying that the install hangs at 0% or somewhere near the beginning.
If you’re having this issue, here are a couple things to try:
1. Make sure you have admin rights, especially if you’re on Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
2. If you’re installing from a download, right click the downloaded file and choose “Run as Administrator”.
3. If you’re installing from a download, try to download the file again as there may be an updated version (primarily if you downloaded it early).
4. Make sure your operating system is up to date. Sometimes the installer will hang saying Below Minimum Requirements if you are behind on service packs.
5. Some people on the forums have suggested to create a folder named Diablo III in your C:\Program Files folder (or C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Program Files (x64), etc on Windows Vista and Windows 7) before you run the installation .
6. Just wait.. some people have stated that the progress bar may not be updating like it should, but it’s actually copying files. You can verify this by opening up your C:\Program Files folder (or others listed in suggestion 5) and right clicking on the Diablo III folder, then clicking properties. Look at the file size in the window that comes up. If you close that window, then right click it again and select properties and the file size keeps increasing, then the installer is working. It’s a large installation (7.76 gigabytes), so it’s gonna take some time as well.
If none of this helps, please leave comments for what you’re experiencing and I’ll try my best to help you. Or if you had an issue not listed here that you fixed, please let me know so I can post it.