Deus Ex – Human Revolution: How to Get the Ghost Achievement / Trophy
Obviously this is a bit easier with stealth abilities, but it’s not completely required.
Near the beginning of the game, after you make it to Sarif HQ and get your basic takedowns, your first mission is in Sarif Industries. This level is pretty easy to get the Ghost achievement / trophy in, well before you get any of the nice stealth augmentations.
Here are some tips that will help:
- Always crouch while walking near guards so they can’t hear your footsteps.
- Use boxes and other items as distractions. Guards getting to the “alarmed” state doesn’t keep you from getting Ghost, they just can’t physically see you.
- A knocked out guard is one less guard to see you, so take every guard down if possible. Use distractions to lure them into a good spot, then take them out. Don’t forget to hide the bodies too.
- Don’t stand up to use a takedown. If you’re crouching during a takedown, once the takedown clip is over, you’ll go right back to crouching.
- Save early, save often. You have plenty of space for saved games, so use them!